Opening Date: February 14, 2018
Closing Date: May 7, 2018
The Pastoral Search Committee, representing the disciples of The Mount Carmel Baptist Church of Richmond, Va., is seeking a Pastor, called by God to serve as the spiritual leader of this congregation. We seek a visionary with strong leadership skills who will preach the unadulterated gospel of Jesus Christ, teach sound Baptist doctrine, engage in pastoral care ministries, and provide spiritual leadership development and training.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Pastor is the spiritual leader of our flock; therefore, applicants must fulfill all the requirements of a Pastor, teacher, leader and caregiver. They must be called by God and the ideal candidate for the position of Pastor is one who:
- Preaches, teaches and leads the church toward continued spiritual growth;
- Has a deep desire to serve;
- Serves as a model leader in worship, evangelism, discipleship, stewardship, missions (Local – National and International);
- Able to interact effectively with our multi-generational congregation;
- Is a gifted teacher who enables persons to learn and understand deep spiritual truths;
- Provides leadership, a clear vision and a compelling plan for the future of the church;
- Lives a lifestyle characterized by moral integrity;
- Demonstrates an understanding of church management;
- Provides Pastoral counseling; and
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The following duties are the ultimate responsibility of the Pastor but may be shared or delegated to others:
- Preach and teach the gospel by preparing and delivering relevant, spirit-filled sermons;
- Plan and conduct the worship services;
- Lead in administering the Holy ordinances of Baptism and Communion;
- Lead and teach stimulating Bible studies, classes and seminars;
- Provide pastoral ministry to those experiencing illness, bereavement or incapacitation or other conditions; and
- Officiate at funerals, weddings and baby dedications.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
All interested and qualified persons must submit a completed Candidate Package consisting of the following information:
- Cover Letter;
- Perspective Minister Application (can be found at the bottom on the church website at tmcbc.org;
- A current resume that includes a summary of relevant ministry, professional and education experiences;
- Conflict resolution/ management skills
- Copy of Official Transcripts;
- Copies of Ministerial license and ordination certificate, if ordained;
PLEASE FULLY REVIEW AND CAREFULLY AND COMPLETELY FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS.
Pastoral Search Committee
The Mount Carmel Baptist Church
P.O. BOX 8081
Richmond, Virginia 23223
This mailing request is to protect the confidentiality of the candidate. If hand delivered, confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.
All application packages must be postmarked by 12:00 am on the closing date.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Deacon Alfreda Howard-Greene, Chair of the Pastoral Search Committee at 804-226-1172.